TWO NEW directors have joined the Board of the Australian Security Medals Foundation Inc:
- David Ninnes, Director of Risk Management for Intercontinental Hotels Group; and
- Jenny Muldoon, head of Security, Fire Safety Teams, Emergency Management, and Business Continuity portfolio for Sydney Opera House.
“We are pleased to welcome such experienced and respected members of the security community to the Board,” says Steve Jackson, ASMF Chairman. “It is a testament to the work that the ASMF does that it attracts managers of such high calibre of security operative willing to volunteer their time and expertise to ensure the continuing success of the Foundation.”
Ninnes has a background in hospitality, financial services, transport and medical sectors and, with an expanding geographical responsibility to South East Asia, his remit at IHG has extended to Community, Environment and Risk Management. He holds a Masters of Business Administration and Bachelor of Applied Sciences and has been a contributor to policy and reform, participating in key working groups and industry associations engaged by state and federal governments.
Muldoon holds numerous qualifications including Diplomas in Marketing, Project and Aviation Management, Master of Arts Management (current) as well as Certificates in Security and Risk Management and Aviation Security. A former NSW Police officer, Muldoon is a security and brand protection specialist and has extensive experience in large scale, global corporate and sporting events. With over twenty years in security investigation and management and thirteen years in law enforcement, she has developed and managed security strategies for large multinational corporations including Australia’s largest airline and has been at the Sydney Opera House for three years.
Two Directors — Craig Millar and Nick Stramilos — have stood down due to work commitments and the Board now consists of:
- Steve Jackson, Qantas (Chairman)
- Jason Brown, Thales (Deputy Chairman)
- Paul Maihi, Westpac (Treasurer)
- Clare Carnell, Barrister-at-Law (Public Officer)
- Brian Sankey, British American Tobacco
- Michael Julian, Westfield
- David Ninnes, Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Jenny Muldoon, Sydney Opera House
- John Bigelow, Security Solutions magazine
- Rod Cowan, Editor-at-Large